The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin.Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.Whoever winks maliciously causes grief, and a chattering fool comes to ruin. The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of one who has no sense.The wise store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.The wealth of the rich is their fortified city, but poverty is the ruin of the poor. The wages of the righteous is life, but the earnings of the wicked are sin and death. Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips and spreads slander is a fool. Proverbs 10:8-18 NIV
There is therefore, not much need for me to say much more, but I do want to focus on how this segment from Proverbs–reveals why we have the current climate in Washington that we have. If we look at what occurred prior to the 2016 Election and during it–and actually see “without the hate-tinted glasses” we understand how tRump’s hatred of Obama drove him to run for president and the false propaganda invigorated hatred of Hillary drove people to vote for tRump.
But let’s look at this in a point-by-point analysis:
- A chattering fool comes to ruin–chattering–running of the mouth or in the case of 45, his twitter rants are equivalent of someone running their mouth without knowledge–just talk.
- A crooked path has been taken to the White House since Russian hacking and the promulgation of false propaganda against Hillary caused otherwise rational people to vote against their own interests.
- Hatred stirs up conflict–whoever holds hate in their hearts against anyone or anything, allows emotions to become the driving force in their life and it taints everything they do. From rallying cries of, “Lock her up,” “crooked Hillary,” and encouraging the production and sale of the most vile, and heinous campaign memorabilia–the conflict is obvious. Though there was at one time a “cordial relationship” between the Clintons and 45–his hatred drove the narrative that created the gap and animosity that continues to exist.
- A rod is for the back of those who have no sense–normally referencing the need to use corporal punishment for those who refused to obey, in this case--the disapproval rate of 45 should serve as the rod to bring a change of behavior.
- Poverty is the ruin of the poor and with the tax cuts for the wealthy and the programs that benefit the poor–the poor will come to ruin if they don’t wake up and smell the stench emanating from the White House.
- The earnings of the wicked are sin and death--whenever anyone increases their wealth by illegal, questionable, or immoral means--they have put themselves in a position to at some point–lose it all. God is deceived and He is watching all.
- Discipline–it is highly obvious that there has been no discipline in the life of 45 as a child and his temper tantrums have evolved into his Twitter rants when he doesn’t get his way. His greed for power and complicity in the 2016 Election fiasco has led to the ruin of the GOP leadership who went along with it to gain power for themselves. None of them have any credibility at all since revelations are made daily about their knowledge of the Russian hacking surfaced.
- Hiding hatred behind lying–has never worked and will never work. When lips say one and actions say another–the concealed hatred is exposed for all to see and then to spread lies–because of the hatred–reveals the fool. By definition–an idiot is a foolish or stupid person.
The bottom line to all this is, Americans (the gullible) have allowed hatred to drive the narrative in the decision-making process of the 2016 Election and now–we all suffer the consequences and risk losing lives in an ill-fated bullying tactic which could lead to a war with N. Korea at its helm.
Is that the narrative we really want driven in this global environment where peace is tenuous at best, but could be destroyed forever?
There is a better driving force that makes for a better narrative and that force is love. Why not allow love to drive us on the journey to peace and prosperity for all!