In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the surviving remnant of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the Mediterranean. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth. Ephraim’s jealousy will vanish, and Judah’s enemies will be destroyed; Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah, nor Judah hostile toward Ephraim. They will swoop down on the slopes of Philista to the west; together they will plunder the people to the east. They will subdue Edom and Moab, and the Ammonites will be subject to them. The Lord will dry up the gulf of the Egyptian sea; with a scorching wind he will sweep his over the Euphrates River. He will break it up into seven streams so that anyone can cross over in sandals. There will be a highway for the remnant of his people that is left from Assyria, as there was for Israel when they came up from Egypt. Isaiah 11:11-16 NIV
Taking a few literary liberties to use this scripture as the foundation for an analogy this morning.
No matter what the tRump administration does to subdue the press or depress the public, we will not be left alone to fight this fight of faith. We will be victorious with The Lord on our side. We will reclaim the trust of Americans and our allies once the cancerous boil is removed from the White House and we no longer have the stench of corruption and treason oozing throughout the nation.
God has not forgotten us, but unlike those who claimed God chose trump and some even said, “Jesus went into the voting booth and voted for trump,” we know God always works through people. It was ill-informed, undereducated, and misled people who voted for trump–many of whom simply voted out of the hatred they had for President Obama and the Clintons, and “facts” did not matter to them.
For those of us who are true Everyday Americans, we know better–facts do matter and fake news is collected lies used to misinform those who refuse to think for themselves. It’s truly a shame critical thinking skills are lacking from such a large portion of our population. If people were capable of critical thinking, they would know (not think) truth has never been part of the current administrations platform.
- The coal mining industry will never be what it once was–trump lied to them.
- Companies will still send their jobs to other countries–trump lied to them
- Repealing and replacing ACA has been a nightmare, lived daily for those who hated Obama so much, they voted for trump to rid themselves of Obamacare and now–trumpcare will help to see early deaths.
- “The election is rigged! They’re going to rig the election!” trump cried. Hillary didn’t rig the election–he did.
For those who claimed they were embarrassed by Obama as a president let me ask this:
- Did Obama insult our allies by shoving them around?
- Did Obama need a golf cart to walk a short distance?
- Did Obama speak with word salads that most media decree “unintelligible?”
- Did Obama hire unqualified family (or others) to hold key positions in the White House?
- Did Obama fall asleep during a photo op with other world leaders?
- Did Obama attempt to man-handle other world leaders when simply shaking their hands?
- Did Obama decide that humanitarian efforts (saving humanity) was not worth it?
- Did Obama launch missiles to flex his muscles?
- Did Obama use commencement opportunities to whine about how the press treated him?
- How many students at commencement ceremonies stood up and turned their backs, or walked out on Obama while he was speaking to them?
- How many times did Obama not show common courtesy and affection to his wife while they traveled?
- Were you embarrassed when Bin Laden was killed?
- Were you embarrassed when gas prices came down below $3.00?
- Were you embarrassed when he held press conferences and took the tough questions without whining?
- Were you embarrassed when his wife cared enough about other children that she wanted to see all eating healthy, nutritious meals?
- Were you embarrassed when Obama wanted to make sure everyone had access to affordable healthcare?
- Exactly what did he do to embarrass you and make you ashamed he was President of the United States?
Only those who harbor hatred within their hearts–against any who don’t look like them or worship like them–are claiming to be embarrassed when they should be ashamed of themselves–for espousing their bigotry.
Though there were many outcries for his impeachment, it was simply because people didn’t agree with his policies, not because he committed treasonous acts. We cannot say the same for trump. His policies belittle and leave the poor bereft–facing even more financial challenges than they have before. But the rich–the 1% of the nation will enjoy even more riches under trump/GOP corrupt policies.
We will soon be able to celebrate reclaiming sanity, integrity, and honor returning to the White House–as long as we continue to fight to reclaim it.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the challenges of reclaiming American pride!