Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:1-10 NIV
For anyone listening to the 45’s speech last night–written for him, practiced by him, and to his base supporters–Republicans, we who have discerning spirits saw through the empty rhetoric.
Yes–the tone of the speech was modified so he would sound more presidential–which some have said he accomplished, but note–the comments were, “he sounded presidential” not that he was.
Yes–he is attempting to litigate the case he’s simply trying to keep campaign promises, but those promises were not made to or for all Americans, but his base. There are more of us, than them.
What’s interesting to note is that though some were in agreement about the tone of the speech, they knew the person speaking was not was not the real person, but a masquerade to try to keep the public duped into believing he cares.
How do we know he doesn’t really care–he had the temerity to invite the widow of a recently slain Navy Seal–manipulating the situation to give an appearance that he cared, after not accepting responsibility for the botched raid in Yemen. At first he tried to blame Obama (what’s new there?), then he blamed the generals, and though he said valuable intel was procured, reports from those in the field, deny that claim.
“Just so we’re clear, it’s not Obama behind the leaks. Approx 50% of staffers are actively participating one way or another. #Iamtheleak” (from Twitter account from those on the inside).
So, what has changed? Not much. He will always put on the appearance of caring about Americans, but his scope is limited to those who worship at his feet. Since I have never worshiped an elected leader, I’m not about to start now; especially when he has done nothing noteworthy that will benefit all Americans.
The fact-checkers have already determined that much of what he said may have been true, but misleading. In other words, the speech included some statistics and figures, but were used out of the appropriate context in which they were derived. For instance, he failed to say that of the millions who are not working, over 75% are senior citizens or students. So that leaves only 25% who are actively seeking work that are yet unemployed.
On Obamacare–the ACA–I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again–if Republicans had not been so vitriolic in their attempt to belittle the healthcare act–by calling it “Obamacare” more people would have understood what was at stake when he was running around the country screaming about repealing it. Once people understood that Obamacare and ACA were the same, they screamed foul and started showing up for town hall meetings with their representatives. No one in their right mind would vote against their own interests unless the truth was shrouded.
On my confidence meter–the marker is still on the “very low” end and if I was to give him a grade, it would be an F–. His “America First” only includes those who support, not the rest of us and as stated above–there are more of us–than them and we’ll simply show him what that means in the coming months.